Version 2.90.4, September 17, 2023
- Fixed a bug related with 'print using' under windows. Thanx to Paul Shutler for reporting this !
Version 2.90.3, February 26, 2023
- Introductory sections about subroutines and libraries
- Updated the docu from docbook 4.5 to 5
Version 2.90.2, January 6, 2022
- Fixed precision error for print using under windows
- Better error-reporting for an edge case of short-if
- Allow '==' to check for equality and '!=' for inequality ('=' and '<>' still work)
Version 2.90.1, July 11, 2021
- Repaired the docu (especially yabasic.htm)
- Removed references to the old documentation (still available on github)
Version 2.90.0, July 10, 2021
- Fixed an error with local variables
- Moved to a new building-environment (see github and there README.org for details)
Yabasic is a traditional basic-interpreter. It comes with goto and various loops and
allows to define subroutines and libraries. It does simple graphics and printing.
Yabasic can call out to libraries written in C and allows to create standalone programs.
Yabasic runs under Unix and Windows and has a comprehensive documentation; it is small,
simple, open-source and free.
To learn more about yabasic, you may view the
Manual of yabasic,
browse the faq or read
its history or the
log of changes and bugs.
This is a simple hello-world.yab written in yabasic, complete with the resulting screenshot:
print "Press 'q' to quit ..."
print color("green") "Hello ";
print color("blue") "World ! ";
if (inkey$(1)="q") exit